Shahjalal Jamia Islamia School & College Students Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ISLAMIC SONG
Gallery
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails Empty
Latest topics
» SINGS OF HYPOCRATE
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:10 pm by SARWAR

» WIKILEAKS EXPOSÉ
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:26 am by SARWAR

» Elahi, Moriarty deal on Phulbari open-pit mining
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:26 am by SARWAR

» UK, US active to change madrasas
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:25 am by SARWAR

» 'DGFI wanted extremists in mainstream politics'
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:24 am by SARWAR

» US, India were against disbanding RAB
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:23 am by SARWAR

» Eid-ul-Fitr coming
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:43 pm by MuNaeM

» Eid Mubarak to all Friends
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 11:56 am by SARWAR

» $1.7bn Saudi monorail 'ready for hajj 2010'
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:03 pm by SARWAR

» বেগম জিয়া স্বেচ্ছায় সেনানিবাসের বাড়ি ছেড়ে দিয়েছেন
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:42 pm by SARWAR

» প্রধান বিচারপতির সঙ্গে এইচটি ইমামের সাক্ষাতে পাল্টে গেল দৃশ্যপট
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:41 pm by SARWAR

» বিএনপির চেয়ারপার্সন বেগম খালেদা জিয়াকে ক্যান্টনমেন্টের বাড়ী থেকে উচ্ছেদের প্রতিবাদে চট্টগ্রামে বিএনপি বিক্ষোভ মিছিল করেছে। শনিবার বিকালে এ ঘটনার প্রতিবাদে থানায় থানায় বিক্ষোভ সমাবেশও করে দলের নেতা-কর্মীরা। সকাল থেকে মহানগর বিএনপির নাসিমন ভবনস্থ দলীয় কার্য
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:36 pm by SARWAR

» খালেদার ক্যান্টনমেন্টের বাড়ী ছাড়ার ইস্যু নিয়ে চট্টগ্রামে বিএনপির বিক্ষোভ
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:35 pm by SARWAR

» খালেদা জিয়ার বাড়ির দরজা ভাঙ্গা হচ্ছে: পুলিশের লাঠিচার্জ অব্যাহত
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:33 pm by SARWAR

» আমাকে এক কাপড়ে বের হয়ে আসতে হয়েছে : খালেদা জিয়া
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:32 pm by SARWAR

Top posters
JaMia BaNgLaDesH (22)
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_vote_lcapAttempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_voting_barAttempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_vote_rcap 
SARWAR (19)
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_vote_lcapAttempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_voting_barAttempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_vote_rcap 
Sirajul (6)
MuNaeM (4)
Joy (3)
Musaddique (1)
Monsur99 (1)
Mehjabeen (1)
pradap (1)
just olka (1)
Poll
Do you still love Jamia ?
Yes
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_vote_lcap100%Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 13 ]
Not
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_vote_lcap0%Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Dont Know
Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_vote_lcap0%Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JaMia BaNgLaDesH
Admin

PostSubject: Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails   Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:21 pm

An attempt to stop a plan for a mosque near New York's Ground Zero has failed after the site was denied landmark status.

The scheme for a 13-storey Islamic cultural centre and mosque several hundred feet away from the site of the Twin Towers has drawn criticism.

Opponents had hoped the Landmarks Preservation Commission would protect the building.

Some relatives of 9/11 victims are against the building of a mosque.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote
To build a mosque at Ground Zero is a stab in the heart of the families of the innocent victims of those horrific attacks”
End Quote
Sarah Palin

Battle over mosque site
Sarah Palin and other prominent Republicans have attacked the mosque plan, but New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has said Muslim religious freedom must be respected.

The commission's vote was on the architectural merits of the disused coat factory that is to be redeveloped.

But it was always thought unlikely that it would be declared a landmark.

The backers of the Cordoba House cultural centre believe it will become a symbol of good inter-faith relations.

But the opponents say it is tasteless to have a mosque so near to a site where Islamist extremists killed thousands.

Former US House of Representatives speaker Newt Gingrich dubbed it an "act of triumphalism".

Former Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin wrote that "to build a mosque at Ground Zero is a stab in the heart of the families of the innocent victims of those horrific attacks".

The building is already being used as a makeshift mosque.
Back to top Go down
Sirajul

Sirajul

PostSubject: Re: Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails   Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 2:30 pm

Islam is the greatest.
Back to top Go down

Attempt to block 'Ground Zero mosque' fails
Page 1 of 1